IMA Advisory On Impending Covid Outbreak
New COVID Variant BF.7: ADVISORY You Should NOT Ignore. Check Full Guidelines
The Indian Medical Association (IMA) has urged the government to upscale its preparedness considering the increase in COVID-19 cases.
IMA said that 5.37 lakh new cases have been detected in the USA, Japan, South Korea, France, and Brazil, while India has reported 145 new cases in the last 24 hours.
The medical body said that with robust infrastructure in public and private sectors, dedicated medical manpower, and proactive support from the government, India would be able to manage such eventualities.
As of right now, there is no need to panic because the situation is not alarming. Prevention is preferable to cure, it declared.
However, in case of COVID outbreaks in their area, the IMA also gave instructions to its state and local branches to take the necessary actions. It also urged its participants to take the initiative.
It also provided a summary of the steps one should take to combat the COVID outbreak:
- Put on a mask in public places.
- Keep and maintain social distancing
- Regular hand washing with soaps and sanitizers is required.
- Avoid attending public events like weddings and meetings.
- Stay away from going abroad
- Consult a doctor if symptoms such as fever, sore throat, coughing, or loose stools appear.
- Vaccinate against COVID, including the precautionary dose.
- Observe the government’s advice.