On Sunday afternoon, G Sayanna (Gyani Sayanna), the MLA of Secunderabad Cantonment, passed away while receiving medical care at a private hospital in Secunderabad.
- He was 71 years old at the time of his death.
- According to reports, Sayanna had been dealing with a kidney-related illness for the past several months.
- It should be noted that 3 days before his passing, he was admitted to a private hospital after complaining of chest pain.
Unfortunately, his condition worsened on Sunday and he suffered a sudden cardiac arrest, leading to his untimely death. Sayanna was born on March 5, 1971.
G Sayanna Political Career
- G Sayanna launched his political career with the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and won in 3 consecutive elections held in 1994, 1999, and 2004 from the Secunderabad constituency in the former United Andhra Pradesh.
- However, in the 2009 elections, he lost to former Minister Shankar Rao. In 2014, he won the MLA seat from the Secunderabad Cantonment constituency on behalf of the TDP in the newly created state of Telangana.
- Later, he joined the Bharat Rashtra Samithi (BRS), formerly known as the Telangana Rashtra Samithi, and was re-elected as the MLA from the same constituency in 2018.
- In the previous Andhra Pradesh, Sayanna served as a director of HUDA (Hyderabad Urban Development Authority) six times.
- He also served as the Chairman of the House Committee on Rehabilitation of Street Children and as a member of the House Committee on Child Trafficking in the previous Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Telangana CM K Chandrashekhar Rao expressed deep sorrow over the sudden death of Sayanna and recalled their long-standing friendship.
He extended his condolences to Sayanna’s family members and remembered his dedicated service to the people of Secunderabad, which resulted in his election as MLA for 5 terms.
Also, KT Rama Rao conveyed his sympathies to the family and acquaintances of the late Secunderabad Cantonment MLA and prayed for the repose of his soul.
He stated that the senior legislator was a courteous and considerate leader who worked tirelessly for the betterment of the people of Secunderabad Cantonment.
Several other BRS legislators and leaders, including Assembly Speaker Pocharam Srinivas Reddy, Council Chairman Gutha Sukhender Reddy, and Ministers T Harish Rao, Talasani Srinivas Yadav, S Niranjan Reddy, A Indrakaran Reddy, and Vemula Prashanth Reddy, also offered their condolences on Sayanna’s demise.
Ganesh is a versatile and skilled reporter with the rare ability to cover a broad range of subjects and write about them in an interesting and educational way, without being constrained to a particular subject area, including business, science, and technology, as well as everything in between.