Along with the UN General Assembly, India, France, and the United Arab Emirates participated in their first trilateral conference in New York.
Indian External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar arrived in NY on Sept 18, 2022, and attended the 77th session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA).
They shared ideas on a new and better contemporary way of doing diplomacy with a focus on the “active exchange” of ideas between UNSC members and strategic partners.
Minutes Of The Meeting Of First Trilateral Ministerial Meeting?
- Talks focused on areas of commonality.
- Methods to implement these commonalities were discussed.
- As per the delegates, the 3 countries are at ease with one another to cooperate more.
- Talks on new and improved modern approach to diplomacy.
- Need for effective diplomacy as it is evolving, and about the neighboring countries next to each other in an area but have similar interests and challenges and how to collaborate with each other.
Mr. Jaishankar On Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry
The discussion with Egyptian leader was critical, with officials stating that Egypt is on the same page as India on matters such as refocusing the globe on development problems, he said
Bilateral ties between India and Egypt are growing strongly, S Jaishankar said. Discussions over the close cooperation at the UN and NAM were also held.
India’s economic relationship with Egypt is growing well, trade is at an all-time high, sources said.
Egypt is also the COP27 chair, and they are active in the renewable fields of green hydrogen and ammonia.
ALSO READ | Indonesia To Host World Tourism Day 2022