The inaugural edition PRE-LAUNCH of the Taekwondo Premier League (TPL) is scheduled to take place on June 10th in Mumbai.
The “battle of Champions” the main event of “Taekwondo Premier league” Season 1 is scheduled from June 22 to 26th 2023 in Talkatora Stadium Delhi.
The Meet and Greet event of the Taekwondo Premier League, held on May 21st, 2023, at the Taj Deccan in Hyderabad, was a great occasion for team owners to network with some high-profile guests and celebrities. Here are a few shots from the event.
This highly anticipated event will feature 12 teams competing for a total prize money of Rs 15 lakhs. In addition to the team prizes, there will also be various individual awards up for grabs, as announced by the Founder and Director of the Taekwondo Premier League GANESH DUVVURi.
One particularly noteworthy aspect of the TPL is the representation of women as team owners.
Interestingly, Four remarkable women have taken up team ownership positions in the league.
- Srishti Rana, a former Miss India Asia Pacific, and Miss Asia Pacific World, is the owner of the Haryana Hunters team.
- Ruchita Mittal, a diamond businesswoman, has taken ownership of the Maharashtra Avengers. Shilpa Patel, an entrepreneur in the hospitality industry, is the owner of the Bengaluru Ninjas.
- Lastly, Isha Patel has assumed ownership of the Chennai Strikers.
Former Miss India and Miss Asia Pacific World Srishti Rana is excited to be a part of the Taekwondo Premier League as team Haryana Hunters’s owner. She talks about her plans and vision.#Taekwondo #TaekwondoPremierLeague #SrishtiRana pic.twitter.com/SyFvGzaMRz
— Taekwondo Premier League (@IndiaTPL) May 27, 2023
These women have made significant strides in their respective fields and are now contributing to the growth and development of taekwondo through their ownership roles in the TPL.
It is to be noted that recent unveiling ceremony held on May 21st Sunday night, the logo of the Taekwondo Premier League (TPL) was revealed in the presence of other team owners.
- Shyam Patel, the owner of Global Sports, represented the Delhi Warriors.
- Allu Venkat Reddy, Chairman of iMark Developers, was present as the owner of the Hyderabad Gliders.
- Vijay Kumar Bhansali, an internationally renowned social activist, owned the Gujarat Thunders team.
- Bijit Gogoi, who represented India in 2006, took ownership of the Assam Heroes.
ABOUT TPL MATCH
- The TPL is a team event where each team consists of five members, including a captain. Each contest will consist of five rounds, with each round lasting 1.30 minutes and a strategic timeout of 30 seconds.
- The weight category for the league has been restricted to 58.1kg-67.9kg.
- Founder Director Duvvuri Ganesh stated that all ranked players from across the country have been selected to participate in the league, which will be telecast live on Doordarshan Sports.
The organizers expressed their hope that the TPL would be a resounding success as it has been long overdue.
They also revealed plans to establish a similar league at the international level.
Another director of TPL Dr. Venkat Ganjam, expressed his pride in the TPL and highlighted that taekwondo is a highly popular sport in India, with over 10 lakh registered players.
He emphasized that the league would provide a great opportunity for players to enhance their skills.
Women Founder-Director Navneetha Bachu, who has been associated with taekwondo for nearly two decades, described the TPL as a turning point for the sport.
She expressed her happiness in witnessing the league taking shape and believed that it would elevate the profile of taekwondo.
Mr. Suresh Chukkapalli, the honorary Consul General of the Republic of Korea, expressed his hope that the TPL would usher in a new era for the sport in India.