For the first-ever Formula E World Championship race in India, which will take place on February 10 and 11, the picturesque Necklace Road on tank bund in is being well groomed.
The HMDA has made it clear that the Indian Racing League (IRL) race is not the same as the Formula E race as Hyderabad prepares to host India’s first Formula E Grand Prix, which the trials are began on 19th November.
The HMDA is hosting two races before the Formula E race in order to gauge the track’s readiness for the major event, which will take place in February 2023.
The races are being organized in collaboration with the Indian Racing League (IRL).
Indian Racing League Race Highlights
- The International Road Racing League (IRL) is being held on the same tracks that will be used for Formula E races next year.
- It is a Formula-3 equivalent, with drivers competing in single-seater cars built by Italian constructor Wolf Racing using Aprilia engines.
According to HMDA. it is the single-seater racing equivalent of Formula 3, with drivers competing in vehicles made by the Italian function Object Wolf Racing and powered by Aprilia engines.
In order to clear up any misunderstandings, HMDA clarified in a press release that the IRL is being held on the same tracks that will host Formula E races next year and that the trial races this weekend will aid in making the tracks ready for upcoming competitions.
Regarding the Formula E race
- The historic lake’s 2.37 km long course has been prepared for the electric single-seater race, which will feature 22 drivers from 11 teams from around the globe.
- For the first-ever Formula E World Championship race in India, which will take place on February 10 and 11, the picturesque Necklace Road on the banks of Hussain Sagar in the centre of Hyderabad is being groomed up.
- It is to be noted that the initial real-time test ran on November 19 and 20, and again will run December 10 and 11.
- At least 22 electric racing cars will participate in the trial run to make sure the track is suitable for the major event and that all FIA requirements are met.
- Telangana government has announced the hosting of a series of events such as the Hyderabad EV Summit and Rall-E Hyderabad.
- IT minister K T Rama Rao said the state will bring global leaders of electric vehicle manufacturers to Hyderabad e-mobility week.
As the number of events are being hoisted, Hyderabad will witness a as part of Hyderabad e-mobility week from February 6 to 11 a week prior to the mega event in February, including the Hyderabad EV Summit, the Rall-E Hyderabad, and the Hyderabad E-Motor Show.
While Hyderabad’s environmentalists have expressed outrage over the cutting down of over 200 trees on the banks of the Hussainsagar lake to lay the racing track, the Telangana government has embraced the Formula E grand prix race as a prestigious event.