CI Nageshwar Rao who had been suspended for allegedly raping, attempting to kill a woman, and kidnapping the victim and her husband in July this year has met his fate.
He has been dismissed from the service by Hyderabad City Commissioner Of Police CV, Anand, over the sensational case of misuse of authority by the police working in Marredpally Police Station Limits.
Koratla Nageswara Rao, a former station house officer (SHO) of Marredpally police station in Hyderabad is said to have raped the victim at gunpoint.
Shocking details have come forth after a detailed investigation by Vanasthalipuram police.
Nageswara Rao was posted in different positions under the Hyderabad police. In April, while working as an inspector, at Task Force North Zone, he raided a pub in Banjara Hills.
- He booked cases against 69 people belonging to high-profile, that were widely reported.
- The accused were children of affluent businessmen and Tollywood personalities, including T. G. Vishwaprasad, the nephew of TG Venkatesh, a former state minister and now Rajya Sabha member from Kurnool, AP.
- After the case, he got the Banjara Hills SHO posting – a much sought-after post in Telangana.
- Rao, who had previously been placed on suspension after being charged with a crime, is suspected of having also secretly followed the victim’s husband’s mobile device.
- According to reports, Nageswara Rao utilized that information to locate them and eventually found their Vanasthalipuram home, where he allegedly raped the woman.
CV Anand Report
- In his press note based on a report submitted by Rachakonda Police Commissionerate, Nageshwar Rao has a criminal bent of mind which is amply proven and can go to any extent to threaten, influence, and intimidate the victim and the witnesses.
- The CP Hyderabad, also said, it was not possible to conduct a regular departmental inquiry due to the possibility of influence or intimidation of the victim.
In order to submit a charge sheet ASAP, the Vanasthalipuram police are recording the statements of more witnesses.
- Throughout his stay in custody, the former CI tried to mislead the investigation claiming to have an illicit affair with the victim in an effort to deceive the authorities, to get away with the rape charges.
- On the day of the incident, the accused is alleged to have brought the gun to the victim’s home, but during questioning, he is alleged to have attempted to persuade the police that he was not in possession of a firearm and asked them to check the records of the Maredupalli police station if necessary.
- However, the police examined Police station S records, CCTV camera footage, and other technical aspects.
- The day after the incident, it was revealed that he had handed over his gun to an officer of the station. It was written in the records as if he had surrendered it in the morning hours.
2018 CASE –
- The 30-year-old woman said in her complaint to the Vanasthalipuram police that a case had been filed against her husband in 2018, by Hyderabad Task Force police had arrested him, and that Nageshwar Rao had been assigned to look into the matter.
- Following his release on bail, Rao employed the accused to work at his farm in Adibatla at a salary of Rs. 10,000 per month.
- After six months, the salary was increased to Rs. 15,000 per month, and he continued to work there for a year and a half.
The victim’s husband’s mobile phone is said to have been unlawfully traced by Nageswara Rao to determine his whereabouts.
- He reportedly utilized that to locate them and arrived at their Vanasthalipuram home, where he allegedly committed the woman’s rape.
- The husband of the woman claimed to media reporters that the Inspector, who charged him in a drug case, “forced” him to work on the farm.
- As per the reports, he also forced the man to surrender his wife “often”, or else he would charge him under several cases, and on that pretext nageshwar Rao raped her. Later, he threatened them with dire consequences.
What was more shocking in the Inspector’s case is he publicly threatened the couple to leave Hyderabad or he would book them in a brothel case, thus forcibly deporting them to Ibrahimpatnam, the outskirts of the city.
In light of the fact that SHO had been given significant responsibilities in order to better serve the public, this case demonstrates his willful abuse of the authority and power the police department gave him.
The PRO to CP has issued a press note regarding his dismissal.
It also represents a serious criminal breach of trust on his part, according to Hyderabad Commissioner Of Police, CV Anand’s press note.
Any misuse of the police force for other purposes is viewed very seriously and not pardoned by the police department.
They are clothed with the authority of the State in a Khaki uniform and are expected to serve the public. Any misuse of this authority or position of power, any misuse for another purpose, is seen very seriously, he added.
This case demonstrates SHO’s reckless abuse of the authority and power the police department provided him, and it is a serious criminal breach of trust on his behalf because he had been given significant duties in order to better serve the public, CV Anand wrote in his press note.
It is to be noted that The CP, Hyderabad, C.V. Anand has been taking severe action on the delinquent officers and personnel of the Hyderabad City Police since he took charge.
Till now, 55 Police Officers and personnel have been awarded punishments i.e. Dismissed /Removed /Terminated /Compulsory Retirement.