Ramniwas Yadav (IAS: 2015: JH) of Sahibganj, Jharkhand, has also been placed under the Enforcement Directorate’s (ED) scrutiny and summoned by the central agency.
- In the case of 1000 crores of money laundering in Jharkhand through illegal stone mining and business (through business) in Sahibganj.
- Deputy Commissioner (Sahibganj) Ramniwas Yadav has been summoned for questioning (Summons Sent for Questioning).
- On January 23, he was summoned to the ED’s Ranchi Airport Road zonal office.
OTHER OFFICERS INVOLVED:
- According to sources, the ED may soon summon Sahibganj SP Anuranjan Kispotta.
- Deputy Commissioner Ramniwas Yadav is the second IAS officer to be questioned by the ED in connection with the Jharkhand mining scam.
- In this case, the ED filed a charge sheet against senior IAS Pooja Singhal after questioning her.
- In its charge sheet, the ED also stated that illegal stone mining occurred on a large scale in Sahibganj during the tenure of current Deputy Commissioner Ramniwas Yadav.
On May 11, 2022, the ED arrested a senior IAS officer in a money laundering case related to the alleged embezzlement of MGNREGA funds and illegal mining after interrogating the officer for almost 15 hours.
In October 2020, Ramniwas Yadav was appointed Deputy Commissioner of Sahibganj.
In its charge sheet, the ED also stated that most illegal stone mining and transportation occurred during Yadav’s regime.
According to reports, Yadav was summoned after the ED discovered during an investigation that CM Hemant Soren’s representative Pankaj Mishra, who is currently in custody, made several phone and video calls to Sahibganj DC Ramniwas Yadav between July and October last year.
Despite being detained, Mishra made over 300 phone calls to state officials and political leaders.