The Wedding That Inspired Many
The demands of the groom’s side in Jaipur, Rajasthan, before the wedding shocked the bride’s family.
The unusual requirements that the groom has put before the wedding surprised all including the girls’ parents.
The wedding and the boy’s demands are being discussed throughout the city.
These demands are not about dowry but about the way of getting how the wedding is done and unfair traditions!
The demands of the groom were as follows:
- There will be no pre-wedding shoot.
- The bride will wear a saree instead of a lehenga at marriage.
- Light instrumental music will be played on the marriage lawn instead of Bollywood songs/with no obscene ear-splitting music.
- At the time of Varmala, only the bride and groom will remain on the stage.
- Those who lift up the bride or groom at the time of var mala will be expelled from the wedding event.
- After Panditji has started the marriage process, no one will stop him.
- The cameraman will take pictures of rounds etc. from a distance and not by interrupting Panditji again and again.
- The groom said that it is his wedding event and being performed by invoking the deities in their testimony, and not any shooting of a film/movie.
- The bride and groom will not make reverse or straight poses on the instructions of the cameraman.
- The wedding ceremony should take place during the day and the farewell should be completed by the evening, So that guests do not have to worry about the problems like insomnia, acidity, etc. caused by eating food between 12 to 1 am.
- Apart from this, the guests should not take time till midnight to reach their homes and should not be inconvenienced.
- The one who asks or expects the newly married couple to hug each other in front of everyone will be immediately expelled from the event without hesitation.
- Any kind of meat and alcohol will be prohibited in marriage, Gods and Goddesses are invoked in marriage, Gods and Goddesses get angry after seeing meat and wine, and they leave without blessing the new bride and groom, he said.
- It is learned that the girl’s side family has happily accepted all the demands of the boy.
Upon asking, the groom opined that marriage is a sacred bond, and one should stay within limits and follow one’s old traditions and avoid showoff appearances at any cost.
Upon contacting the barathis they said that the idea is a Beautiful suggestion to improve society.! Exemplary for all.!