Satellite internet connection has been enabled at Siachen Glacier, The Siachen Signallers of the Indian Army’s XIV Corps or Fire and Fury Corps installed the feat.
Atop September 18, 2022, the Indian Army launched satellite broadband-based internet access on the Siachen Glacier, the world’s highest battleground.
The fire and fury cops inspected the military deployment, which secures the borders with China and Pakistan and guards the Siachen Glacier.
The accomplishment at 19,061 feet, is the World’s Highest Battlefield, according to the fire and fury cops.
High Lights About Satellite Internet In Siachen
- The Fire and Fury Corps, also known as the XIV Corps, are part of Indian Army’s Northern Command.
- The officers are in charge of some of the most sensitive places, including Siachen region.
- The GOI’s Bharat Broadband Network Limited (BBNL) has offered satellite internet access on the Siachen Glacier boundary.
- BBNL is also in charge of the BharatNet Project, that would offer broadband services to 2.5 lakh gram panchayats across India.
- The BBLN in overall intends to provide satellite internet to around 7000 gram panchayats and other distant regions where fiber-based internet access is impossible.