Modhera Is Famous For Sun Temple
India’s first solar-powered village “Modhera”, known for Sun Temple in Gujarat’s Mehsana district will be officially recognized by the Prime Minister Of India Today.
Modhera Event Highlights
- Modi will lay the cornerstone for projects worth more than ₹3,900 crores.
- Modhera will become the first “solar village” in India.
- Total of 271 houses out of 1600 houses in the village installed rooftop solar systems.
- The project cost ₹65 crores (US$8.1 million) with half of it financed by the Government of Gujarat
- The project involves creating a Ground Mounted Solar power plant and more than 1300 Rooftop solar systems.
Modi will lay the foundation stone for projects at Modhera and Surya Mandir in Mehsana today, e.i., on October 9 2022.
It is to be noted, that to boost renewable energy initiatives, at least 1,000 solar panels have been put on village home tops, providing electricity 24 hours a day.
RELATED | Amazon Plans 3 Solar Farms In Rajasthan
The installations in the village are helping villagers to get cost-free solar electricity.
Modhera Village Home Top
As per the reports, In this remarkable unveiling programm, scheduled at 5:30 pm, Modi would also offer a 3-D projection facility to bring Sun Temple under the “Protected Ancient Heritage Site” that would tell the tourists about the glorifying history of Modhera.
The site has been embellished along with the Heritage lighting to illuminate the temple grounds as part of the renovation, which people can grace the site to see the illuminated temple between 6 and 10 pm each evening, for the next 3 months.
- Modhera Sun Temple was made by King Bhima I of the Chalukya dynasty in the early 11th century (Vikram Samvat 1083).
- There is Gyaneshwari stepwell in the village which belongs to the 16-17th century.
- The town was known as Dharmaranya during the Puranic age.
- It is believed that Lord Rama had performed yagna here to cleanse the sin of killing Ravana who was Brahmin.
- King Bhima I, had built Modherak which was later known as Modhera.
- It is a temple made to honour the Sun God in Modhera village of Mehsana district on the bank of River Pushpavati.
Darshan and Pooja will be followed by a visit to Modheshwari Mata Temple and other temples, Prime Minister’s Office informed.