Blue Aadhaar Card
Blue Aadhaar Card also called as Baal Aadhaar Card, is the ID card issued by the Government Of India for children under the age of five, in the same manner as Aadhaar Card.
The Aadhaar card consists of 12 numbers that serve as a unique identity number (UID) for Indian citizens to use while obtaining services from banks, public-private financial organisations, and other civic agencies.
The parents will have to fill out an application form and register. Supporting documents like proof of identity address proof, and date of birth certificate will be required.
ALSO READ | Digital India BHASHINI LAUNCHED – Language Interface For India
A Blue Aadhaar Card will be issued for the child within 60 days of completion of the documents verification.
You may learn everything you need to know about obtaining a Blue Aadhaar Card for your child right here.
How To Obtain A Blue-Aadhaar Card?
To obtain a ‘Baal Aadhaar Card,’ the child’s parents must fill out an application form and register. Following registration, supporting documents such as evidence of identity, address proof, and the child’s date of birth certificate will be requested.
- Bring your child and all essential paperwork to the Aadhaar card enrollment centre. To register, fill out the application form.
- Parents must produce their Aadhaar cards, which will be connected to the child’s UID.
- The parents would next be required to submit a phone number in order for the youngster to be issued a Blue Aadhaar card.
- A photograph of the child will be required, which will be taken at the enrollment centre.
- Following the verification of the documents, the child’s parents will get a text message confirming the same.
- A Blue Aadhaar card of the child will be issued within 60 days of the verification being completed.
Other Key Information About Blue Aadhaar Card:
- Baal blue Aadhaar cards for children can be used to enroll infants in school as an identity card.
- As per UIDAI, parents can also use a birth certificate or a hospital discharge form as valid document proof for their child.
- Unlike ordinary Aadhaar cards, blue Aadhaar cards will not carry bio-metric information about the child.
- After the child reaches the age of five, their Aadhaar will require an update with obligatory bio-metrics of the youngster.
To Get Aadhaar and to locate your enrollment center click here – Get Aadhaar