Asteria Aerospace Gets India’s First Micro Category Drone Certification From DGCA
Asteria Aerospace designs and develops drone-based solutions to transform enterprise operations using aerial data.
Asteria Aerospace gets India’s first micro-category drone certification for its primitive designed A200 drone from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation, on October 6, 2022.
The drone was discovered to be completely compliant with the Certification Scheme for Unmanned Aircraft Systems notified in January 2022.
According to sources, Asteria’s A200 drone is designed for mapping and surveying tasks in the ( GIS ), mining, building, and agricultural sectors, among others.
- DGCA became a statutory body under the Aircraft Amendment Act, of 2020.
- It investigates and examines aviation accidents and incidents maintaining all the regulations related to aviation.
- The body is also responsible for the issuance of licenses for aviation like Student Pilot Licenses (SPLs ), Private Pilot License ( PPL), and Commercial Pilot License ( CPL ) in India.
What Are Asteria Aerospace Make A200 drone’s specs?
- The multirotor drone A200 is a tough, dependable, and performance-focused model.
- It is under 2 kg in weight.
- The drone is equipped with cutting-edge technologies including autonomous take-off and landing, numerous fail-safes, single pilot operation, toolless assembly and disassembly, and a flying time of up to 40 minutes.
Asteria Aerospace – Who Are They?
Asteria Aerospace Ltd is a subsidiary of Jio Platforms Ltd, which is a majority-owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd.
Asteria develops deeply customized drone solutions for government and enterprise customers using its in-house hardware design, software development, and manufacturing capabilities.
- Asteria Aerospace creates and manufactures drone-based solutions that use aerial data to revolutionize business operations.
- For more than ten years, Asteria has produced best-in-class, highly effective, dependable, and tough drones.
- Asteria also produces software tools for visualizing and analyzing aerial data from drones to produce useful insight.
- Defense and homeland security organizations, commercial businesses, civil government organizations, and industries including security, energy & utilities, agriculture, GIS, construction, and mining frequently use their products and solutions.
Asteria Aerospace Previous Achievements
- Earlier, Asteria Aerospace developed SkyDeck, a cloud-based software platform to deliver a Drone-as-a-Service (DaaS) solution.
- The platform can be used for agriculture, surveying, industrial inspections, and surveillance and security.
- The platform SKyDeck provides a range of services including fleet management, data processing, and AI-based analysis of aerial data captured using drones.
Neel Mehta, co-founder, and Director, of Asteria Aerospace, noted that the demand for drones in India has increased with the liberalization of regulations for drone operations and the promotion of drone-as-a-Service (DaaS) by the government.
“By launching SkyDeck, integrated drone hardware, software, and operations solutions for the commercial drone industry, we aim to simplify the use of drones to generate aerial data and turn it into business insights”, Mehta added.
SkyDeck uses drones to create accurate site surveys for monitoring progress and maintaining inventory records.
In critical infrastructure sectors such as oil and gas, telecom, and power and utilities, they use drones to inspect and inspect assets for preventive maintenance.