Aramane Giridhar IAS
In a top-level bureaucratic reshuffle, Aramane Giridhar, the Road Transport and Highways Secretary have been announced as the new Defense Secretary on Oct 19, 2022.
Meanwhile, Alka Upadhyaya, the chairperson of the NHAI, has been appointed as the new Road and Transport Secretary, succeeding Giridhar.
- The new Revenue Secretary will be Sanjay Malhotra, from Financial Services Secretary.
- He has been assigned to the Revenue Department as an Officer on Special Duty. Malhotra will take over as Revenue Secretary when Tarun Bajaj’s term ends on November 20, 2022.
- Aramane Giridhar, the Road Transport and Highways Secretary have been named the new defense secretary.
- Alka Upadhyaya, the chairperson of the National Highways Authority of India has been appointed as the new Road and Transport Secretary.
- Sanjay Malhotra, Financial Services Secretary will be the new Revenue Secretary.
Who Is Aramane Giridhar?
In his 32 years of experience, he held various positions as follows:
- Aramane Giridhar is a 1988 batch IAS officer from the AP cadre.
- Giridhar has been approved by the Department of Defence as an Officer on Special Duty (OSD).
- Giridhar previously served as the Cabinet Secretariat’s Addl Secretary.
- Aramane earned a B.Tech in Civil Engineering and an M.Tech from JNTU in Hyderabad and the Indian Institute of Technology in Madras, respectively.
- He also holds an M.A. in Economics from Kakatheya University in Warangal.
- In the Cabinet Secretariat, Shri Aramane looked after the work of Cabinet Affairs as Additional Secretary.
- He also looked after Exploration Division in the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
- In the AP Government, he served as Principal Secretary of the Urban Development Department.
- In place of Sanjay Malhotra, the Registrar General of India and Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Vivek Joshi has been appointed as the new Secretary of the Department of Financial Services.
- In place of Joshi, Mritunjay Kumar Narayan, Addl Secy in the Home Ministry, has been appointed as the new Registrar General of India and Census Commissioner.
- Nagendra Nath Sinha, the Rural Development Secretary, has been appointed as the new Steel Secretary.
- Nagendra Nath Sinha has been appointed as the Ministry of Steel’s OSD, effective Dec 1, 2022.
- After Sanjay Kumar Singh retires on Dec 31, 2022, Nath Sinha will take over as Secretary in the Ministry of Steel.
Aside from the Cabinet Secretariat, Shri Aramane was in charge of the Exploration Division in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and was the Executive Director in charge of inspections in the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority.
He served as Principal Secretary in the Urban Development Department, MD of the AP State Finance Corporation, and Secretary of the Andhra Pradesh Government (Finance Department).
He also held the post of the Collector & DM of Chittoor and Khammam Districts.