Abdullapurmet is a town located in the Rangareddy district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is situated about 25 km from the state capital, Hyderabad.
It is located alongside Hyderabad-Suryapet Highway (NH-65). It has a population of 5511 and the size of area is about 3.98 square kilometers.
The town is named after the erstwhile ruler of Hyderabad, Nawab Abdul Latiif, and was originally a small village before being developed into a town.
Abdullapurmet is a rapidly developing area and has seen significant growth in recent years. It is home to several educational institutions, including schools, colleges, and technical institutes.
The town is also known for its agriculture and horticulture activities, with mango orchards being a prominent feature of the area.
Some of the nearby attractions include the Osman Sagar Lake, the Gandipet Lake, and the Chilkur Balaji Temple. The town is well-connected to Hyderabad and other nearby areas via road and rail networks.
Things In Abdullapurmet
Additional Facts About Abdullapurmet
- History: Abdullapurmet was originally a small village that was part of the Hyderabad State. The town was named after Nawab Abdul Latiif, who was a nobleman and administrator during the Nizam’s rule.
- Geography: Abdullapurmet is situated at an elevation of about 568 meters above sea level. The town is surrounded by hilly terrain and is located near the Telangana-Maharashtra border.
- Economy: The economy of Abdullapurmet is largely based on agriculture and horticulture. Mango orchards are a prominent feature of the area, with the town being known for its production of high-quality mangoes.
- Education: Abdullapurmet is home to several educational institutions, including schools, colleges, and technical institutes. Some of the notable institutions in the town include the Sri Chaitanya Junior College and the Vijay College of Education.
- Transport: The town is well-connected to Hyderabad and other nearby areas via road and rail networks. The nearest railway station is in the nearby town of Malakpet, which is about 17 km from Abdullapurmet. The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad is the nearest airport to the town.
- Tourism: Abdullapurmet is located near several popular tourist attractions, including the Osman Sagar Lake, the Gandipet Lake, and the Chilkur Balaji Temple. The town is also a popular destination for nature lovers, with several hiking and trekking trails in the surrounding hills.
An imposter posing as an Additional Director in the PMO duped officials in Jammu and Kashmir to receive Government protocol. This incident sheds light on the misuse of the PMO name and the lack of security measures in place.