KCR will lay the first stone for the Hyderabad Airport Express Metro today.
Hyderabad Airport Express Metro
The Airport Connectivity will be from Mindspace Junction, Madhapur to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport Hyderabad at Shamshabad.
CM of Telangana K Chandrasekhar Rao, today at the IKEA junction, will lay the cornerstone for the Hyderabad Airport Express Metro.
Hyderabad Airport Express Metro Highlights
- This project with a cost of Rs. 6250 crores, is expected to reduce the distance between the city and the airport travel time to just 26 minutes.
- Also, a multi-location check-in facility will be arranged.
- Moreover serving as a vital link between the Aerocity at Adibatla and the planned Pharma City, the project will also offer public transportation to the southern part of Hyderabad.
A special purpose vehicle ( SPV ) called Hyderabad Airport Metro Limited (HAML) was established for the 31 km Airport Metro corridor.
It is a Tri-party venture ( Triparty JV ) between Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Corporation ( TSIIC ), Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority ( HMDA ), and Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL).
NVS Reddy, the MD of HAML, claims that the corridor will have more modern amenities than the Hyderabad Metro Rail.
He wants to offer amenities that are superior to those at Gatwick Airport or Hong Kong.
Key Information On Gatwick Airport
- South London is where Gatwick Airport (LGW) is located.
- Between the airport and Victoria station in the heart of London, there is a nonstop train service known as the Gatwick Express.
- Train services from Gatwick Airport to a number of London stations are also provided by Southern and Thameslink.
- The authorized taxi service at the airport is Gatwick Cars.
- It takes an hour and a half to two hours to travel by coach from Victoria Coach Station to Gatwick.
Hyderabad Airport Express Metro Facilities
- HMRL on its official Twitter handle revealed that with par that of Gatwick, half-height platform screen doors will be available, improving passenger safety.
- In addition, coaches and driver cabs will have smoke and fire detectors.
- Each station will have Automatic Fare Collection (AFC) gates and bolster-less bogies for the convenience of travelers.
- All airport metro stations will have a Flight Information Display (FID) and information desk to keep travelers informed about the flights.